Tuesday, August 15, 2006

If he can do it so can I

Well, after setting this blog thing up and posted my first blog "the most exciting moment in my life" after 4 months ago I return back to my blog set up.

It definitely is blog season, blogs have just hit me where ever I go and just like a sucker for conformity I have decided to start my own blog, do a bit of writing, update people on happenings in my life and add some of my thoughts and experiences from my place "on top of the world".

So the blog fashion started when a I received a very touching, sad email from a friend about a person we knew from Habonim Machaneh that had recently passed away from testicular cancer. His name was Barak Ben Nathan he kept a blog of the last view months since being diagnosed (http://myhealth.blog.com/). He was a simply one of those guys, who was just a good guy, I only knew him for about a month, but the story and outcome really touched me. I realised the power of a blog, this technology were its personal you write it yourself and create information. And unfortunately Barak's illness beat him and someone else had to finish his blog for him. Powerful, tragic and sad. I visited the blog a few times, just to see further updates and think about it a lot and even posted a personal comment on it because I was deeply touched by it.

Next my friend Jake started blogging just for his mother (http://ontopofthehill.blogs.friendster.com/my_blog/) entitled, "boring crap", then realised the power of it because two of his friends read it so he realised he had friends. Anyway Jake chronicled a bit of my life on his blog (on my recent cricket tour to Glasgow representing the country) and some of his readers contacted me to wish me luck. I felt special and had this idea to be different and outsource my stuff on Jake's blog. But its actually quite fun making your own blog so I am going solo and following the main stream yet again. Thanks Jakie keep blogging away.

I also read blogs of two friends I spent a summer with in Vancouver and did a summer camp with Zac (epichorus.blogspot.com) and Gil (http://gbrowdy.blogspot.com/). Zach gives analytical interesting, intellectual discussions of his life and thoughts evolving around being Canadian, interest in Israel and the Middle East and political hip hop. Gil a linguist, has a flow of words and gives personal intimate account of his life which has been interesting to read and catch up on.

Finally the Latest blog that hit me in the face is that of the Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (www.ahmadinejad.ir) its hit the main news outlets lately and is certainly interesting to take a look at. This controversial outspoken leader is suddenly using the latest trend and technology to write personally about himself and this thoughts, amazing fascinating, you can just go to a website and read the personal thoughts of the Iranian leader (assuming he writes it himself or has a say in it). What I like about the site is the development, you can change colours etc..., maybe I should offer my services to world leaders to create their own personalised blog page.

So if he can do it then I can

hopefully will be updating this space regularly, but I want and need viewer readership (just to boost my blog ego) so please comment on my posts so I know I have fans and friends.


That is my view today from on top of this world,

Nahamste,

Dovi
Tel Aviv, Israel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dovi
You make me proud
Mom