Monday, July 02, 2007

The White Night

So there was an advert that kept catching my eye promoting a night run in Tel Aviv over the last month. The run took place on the 28 June to coincide with a French tradition called White Night which Tel Aviv has adopted. White Night is when the city's cultural institutions, bars, stores etc... open their doors till the early hours of the morning.

So I decided to set myself a goal and enter the night run and do some training for it. The options were a 5km or 10 km run. To cut a long story short, preparations were bad I entered the 5km run and did two practise runs of about 3km beforehand on the week of the run I pulled a few back spasms plus a heatwave hit the city for the week, 30 degrees with 80% humitity.

Anyway, the best part is complaining beforehand, by the end most of the 5,000 participants did the 10km run so I was one of the first few to get over the finish line in a proud time of 28 minutes. (See picture above). Next year perhaps the 10.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yey!!! congrats to our runner!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice runnin man! Good way to work off the choumous gut too...