Friday, September 29, 2006

"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."


A quick post from the humorous side from on top of my world.

He is the king of one liners, a subtle dry monotonous voice for an hour or so just the person and a microphone and sentences no longer than twenty words and this is the act.

Nothing like a good standup comedy show, just one person and a microphone - simple.

It has been a while since I discovered him but I always find myself quoting one of the classics.

So here are a few of my favourites:

  • I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.
  • I can levitate birds but nobody cares.
  • When I die I am going to leave my body for science - fiction.
  • Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
  • Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.
  • I bought some batteries, but they weren't included.
  • I invented the cordless extension cord.
  • I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
  • I was reading the dictionary. I thought it was a poem about everything.
  • I was walking down the street wearing glasses when the prescription ran out.
  • I wrote a few children's books... not on purpose.
  • Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time.When I woke up this morning my girlfriend asked me, "Did you sleep good?" I said "No, I made a few mistakes.
  • Is "tired old cliche" one?
  • Was it somebody's cruel idea to put an "S" in the word "LISP" ?
  • My watch is three hours fast, and I can't fix it. So I'm going to move to New York.
This is my dedication to Steven Wright - The king of one liners.

Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Wayne Sussman said...

I had the brilliant experience of seeming him live at the 3 Arts Theatre. It was just him on a simple stage with no backdrop, no fireworks, no razzmatazz, he had us in stitches. Still cant get enough of this genius.